All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) can pose significant danger when not properly operated. ATV accidents can cause head and neck injuries, broken bones, sprains, facial injuries, property damage, and even death to those involved in a collision or crash.
If you or a loved one has been involved in any type of motor vehicle accident speak with an experienced New York personal injury lawyer today to determine your recovery options.
Get The Facts:
- In 2011, there were approximately 327 deaths related to ATV accidents and 107,500 injuries, according to ATVsafety.gov
- Children account for a disturbing proportion of four-wheeler accidents – more than 2,500 children under the age of 16 were killed in ATV accidents from 1982 – 2009, according to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- ATV injuries are most common in white men aged 18-30.
- 80% of injuries are usually sustained by the driver rather than to a passenger.
ATV Safety Tips:
- Get trained and take a hands-on training course.
- Read the manual before operating an all-terrain vehicle.
- Wear the proper protective gear whenever on an ATV.
- Never ride tandem.
- Do not ride on pavement.
- Never let young children ride with you on the ATV or ride alone on one.
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Finkelstein & Partners
1279 Route 300
Newburgh, NY, 12551