Boston Personal Injury Lawyers
Finkelstein & Partners LLP
15 Court Square #800a,
Boston, MA 02108
Review Us On Google
Finkelstein & Partners, LLP – Winning Serious Injury Lawsuits Since 1959
Dealing with any severe injury can prove incredibly draining. You may have a .long road to recovery ahead of you, from an extended stay in Massachusetts General Hospital or Boston Medical Center to time spent in rehabilitation and recovery long after your accident.
When someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, it may bring an additional complication: the need to pursue compensation for your injuries through an injury claim.
Seeking compensation alone can prove frustrating and may ultimately limit how much compensation you can recover. On the other hand, working with a Boston personal injury lawyer can help you streamline the claim process and provide you with vital information about how to best maximize your claim results.
Contact Finkelstein & Partners today at (617) 580-3144 for your free consultation to help learn more about the compensation we can pursue for your injuries.
Boston Personal Injury Guide
- Finkelstein & Partners: Help for Boston Injury Victims
- Accidents That Can Result in a Boston Personal Injury Claim
- Claiming Compensation After Injuries in Boston: What to Include
- Boston Personal Injury Claims: The Statute of Limitations
- Fighting the Insurance Company After an Accident in Boston
- After a Boston Injury: What to Do Next
- Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Boston? Call Us Now!
Finkelstein & Partners: Help for Boston Injury Victims
After suffering severe injuries in an accident, you need a lawyer to help you navigate the claim process and get a better feel for the compensation you deserve.
At Finkelstein & Partners, we understand how frustrating it can feel to deal with an insurance company that seems set on minimizing the compensation you can recover or an entity that refuses to accept liability for the damages caused by its negligence. We aim to help our clients recover compensation for the injuries they may have sustained.
Take a look at some of our past claim results.
- $28.3 million after a workplace accident
- $16.5 million in a product liability incident
- $13.5 million after a rear-end collision
- $13.5 million after a motor vehicle accident
- $12.7 million settlement after an accident caused by unsafe working conditions
Our past results cannot guarantee the outcome of your future claim, even if you suffered similar injuries under similar circumstances.
However, at Finkelstein & Partners, we aim to provide comprehensive legal support our clients can count on. Contact us today to see how we can fight for the full compensation you deserve for your injuries.
We Prioritize Transparency
You have a deep personal investment in your claim and all the details that go along with it, and you deserve access to all the latest information about it.
At Finkelstein & Partners, we make that easy. We provide our clients with access to a secure online portal, where they can check out all the latest details related to their claims and get essential information that can help them decide what to do next, both in their claims and in their personal lives.
Get Compassionate Legal Support and Advice
Dealing with the aftermath of a severe injury can feel incredibly draining. When you add your injury claim on top of that, you may find yourself quickly overwhelmed.
At Finkelstein & Partners, we understand how overwhelming that process can feel, and we aim to provide our clients with compassionate legal advice and support. We provide information about what comes next, what you can expect, and access to resources to help you deal with the challenges associated with your recovery.
Pay When We Win
The legal services associated with your injury claim may seem dauntingly expensive.
At Finkelstein & Partners, we make those legal services affordable. We start with a free consultation to review your rights and look closely at what you might expect from the claim process. If we take your case, you do not pay attorney’s fees until we recover damages from the insurance company or liable party. For many of our clients, that approach makes legal support more affordable.
If you suffered injuries in Boston due to another party’s negligence, do not try to handle your claim alone. Instead, contact Finkelstein & Partners today to learn more about your next steps.
Accidents That Can Result in a Boston Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury law covers various types of accidents, primarily resulting from negligence. Here are some examples of the types of accidents that our clients have faced:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Before the Covid-19 pandemic began in 2020, the number of injuries and fatalities in Massachusetts traffic collisions plateaued after reaching highs in the late 1990s and early 2000s. However, that changed during the pandemic, when our state began having record numbers of fatal traffic accidents. The numbers have climbed even higher recently, reaching more than 400 traffic deaths statewide a year, the most recorded since 2007.
Too many people die or get hurt in preventable traffic accidents. Human error or risky behavior often causes traffic accidents.
Some behaviors that can cause a devastating traffic crash include:
- Alcohol Impairment
- Distracted Driving
- Failure to Yield the Right-of-Way
- Fatigued Driving
- Failure to Maintain the Vehicle
Around Boston, some intersections are more dangerous than others.
Some of the most treacherous crossroads around Boston include:
- North Washington Street and Boston’s Central Artery (Interstate 93)
- Storrow Drive and Charles Street
- Route 1A South and the ramp to Sumner Tunnel
- Central Artery and Columbia Road, both North- and South-bound ramps
If a negligent driver in Boston wrecked your car, crashed into you while you rode your bike, or hit you in a crosswalk, reach out to our experienced car accident lawyers for help.
Construction Accidents and Other Workplace Injuries
Boston’s construction market is booming, with large projects popping up downtown and throughout the city.
Construction accidents account for the largest share of workplace injuries in the U.S., with the industry’s fatal four causing most accidents:
- Electrical exposure
- Struck-by accidents
- Caught in or caught between accidents
To receive compensation for most workplace injuries, including construction accidents, injured workers file a claim with Massachusetts’s workers’ compensation program. In Massachusetts, nearly all private employers must obtain workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. This insurance covers medical treatment and wage loss associated with a workplace accident, usually regardless of fault.
Sometimes, a third party’s negligence injures someone at work. For example, another driver might rear-end a delivery driver. In these cases, the injured person may also need to file a claim with the third party’s insurance company. Our team can help you figure out where to file your claim and ensure that you have all the correct documents, so your case does not get bogged down in red tape instead of moving forward.
Nursing Home Abuse
More than 88,000 senior citizens live in Boston, and the metropolitan area has dozens of certified nursing home beds available for elderly or vulnerable residents. These facilities must provide certain services to preserve or improve their residents’ quality of life. Unfortunately, many nursing homes are understaffed; this raises the risk of neglect or abuse and endangers residents’ lives.
Some of the issues created by nursing home understaffing include:
- Failure to provide adequate fall protection for residents who are at high risk of falling
- More bed sores due to a lack of staff members to regularly reposition immobile residents
- Medication errors, including giving the wrong medicine to a resident or giving a resident more medication than prescribed
- Lack of supervision of residents prone to wander, resulting in a resident wandering away from the facility or into a dangerous place
- Failure to properly vet and train new employees to ensure that they have the experience, disposition, and training required to respect the dignity of the residents they work with
If a Boston nursing home’s negligence injured you or your loved one, you do not have to face the establishment alone. Our legal team has experience helping Boston seniors get compensation for the long-term care and treatment they deserve.
Product Liability and Mass Tort
The manufacturers of products like medications, medical devices, food and supplements, vehicle parts, appliances, and children’s clothing or toys must ensure that their product is reasonably safe when used according to instructions. However, manufacturers often put their bottom line ahead of safety.
Doing so can lead to one of three manufacturing defects, including:
- Design defects: These defects occur when a company poorly engineers its product or knows a better, safer design is available but chooses to sell its product anyway.
- Manufacturing defects: A mishap during the manufacturing process, like foreign material contaminating manufactured food or errors that weaken or change a product, causes manufacturing defects.
- Inadequate warning or instruction defects: Manufacturers must provide instructions on how to use a product so that consumers can take precautions. They must identify non-obvious risks and ensure that consumers can use the product safely. They can be liable for injuries if they fail to provide proper warnings or instructions.
A mass tort is a type of personal injury case in which many people have factually similar claims against the same company. These claims are combined into one case, at least for the discovery phase, to relieve the burden on the court system and ensure fairness.
At Finkelstein & Partners, we have extensive experience handling product liability and mass tort cases. We are currently investigating claims regarding Juul use and vaping, Elmiron, and Zantac. Contact us immediately if these or other products have hurt you or a loved one.
When a person dies in an accident that would have likely resulted in a personal injury lawsuit, an executor or administrator of the deceased’s estate can file a claim on behalf of the deceased’s family and estate to obtain compensation for:
- The loss of income the deceased would have been reasonably expected to earn throughout their lifetime
- The loss of services, protection, and assistance provided to their family members
- Loss of care, comfort, companionship, society, guidance, and counsel
- The cost of a funeral service and burial or cremation
In Boston, the statute of limitations for wrongful death claims is the same as for personal injury claims: three years. The executor or administrator must file a wrongful death lawsuit in court within three years of the date of the deceased’s death.
Losing a loved one in a preventable accident causes unimaginable pain. Receiving compensation for their death does not eliminate the pain, but it can help relieve the financial burden so survivors can process their grief.
Claiming Compensation After Injuries in Boston: What to Include
At Finkelstein & Partners, we cannot guarantee the damages you will ultimately recover for your injuries. Too many factors can influence your claim.
- Who caused your injuries? Does your injury claim involve a claim for compensation against more than one party? Some entities may carry higher-value insurance policies, increasing the compensation you can ultimately recover.
- What injuries did you sustain in the accident? What expenses did you have as a result of your injuries?
- Do you have an attorney on your side? Working with an experienced Boston personal injury attorney on your claim may ultimately increase the compensation you can recover and help your claim go more smoothly.
As we help you put together your Boston personal injury claim, we will help you calculate the full extent of the damages you sustained in the accident. This can help provide you with a more comprehensive look at what damages you can expect to pursue.
Your Medical Bills
In most Boston injury claims, your medical costs will serve as the foundation of your injury claim. Your medical costs will generally reflect the severity of your injuries: if you suffered severe burns, you might have higher medical bills than someone who suffered one or two broken bones in an accident.
We encourage our clients to carefully keep track of all the medical bills associated with their accidents, including co-pays and deductibles. Ensuring you keep copies of those vital medical records makes it easier to lay out the compensation you deserve for your claim.
Your Income Losses
Inability to work after a severe injury can lead to a long-term drop in income. You may find it incredibly difficult to work with the limitations caused by your injuries. As a result, you may have substantial income losses, especially if you add time off for additional procedures, follow-up appointments, or therapy needs.
Pain and Suffering
Dealing with severe injuries can mean great suffering on top of your ongoing expenses. At Finkelstein & Partners, we aim to help our clients recover compensation for the non-financial damages that may have gone along with their accidents.
Boston Personal Injury Claims: The Statute of Limitations
According to Massachusetts law, you will need to begin an injury claim in Boston before the statute of limitations expires, meaning you have three years after the accident to file your claim. After the official statute of limitations runs out, you may still have time to file your claim. Contact Finkelstein & Partners to discuss the specifics of your accident.
Fighting the Insurance Company After an Accident in Boston
Dealing with the aftermath of a devastating accident in Boston often means interacting with an insurance company that may seem determined to deny you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. You may get a low initial settlement offer that fails to reflect the actual damages you deserve and feel pressured to accept it, or the insurance company that covers the liable party may refuse to accept liability for the accident. Often, that can mean a long fight for reasonable compensation for your injuries.
At Finkelstein & Partners, we have extensive experience fighting various insurance companies. We have dealt with many devastating accident claims and aim to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve for those devastating injuries. If you find yourself fighting with the insurance company for the compensation you deserve, contact Finkelstein & Partners as soon as possible to discuss how you can maximize your compensation.
After a Boston Injury: What to Do Next
After a Boston injury, whether you suffered a weather-related injury due to the 48 inches or more of snow that Boston sees every year, an auto accident injury, or an injury on a construction site, protect yourself from the implications of that accident.
Make sure that you:
- Get a copy of any accident report related to your accident. An accident report can more clearly establish the terms of your accident and who likely caused it.
- Contact Finkelstein & Partners as soon as possible. At Finkelstein & Partners, we can help you navigate the challenges that may accompany your injury claim, from collecting evidence to establishing the compensation you deserve.
- Keep track of your medical expenses, including any deductibles or co-pays you may already have paid.
- Document your recovery, including the limitations you may face along the way.
- Follow any instructions issued by your medical care provider to maximize your odds of making a full recovery. If you do not, it could ultimately limit the compensation you can recover for your injuries.
Any time you sustain injuries in an accident, working with a lawyer can make it much easier to fight for the compensation you deserve.
How do I know I have grounds for a Boston personal injury claim?
At Finkelstein & Partners, we will ask several key questions to establish that you have grounds for a Boston personal injury claim:
- Did someone else’s negligence cause you to have an accident? Personal injury claims can range from construction accident claims to auto accident claims, dog bites, or medical malpractice claims, depending on what act of negligence the other party performed and how your injuries occurred.
- Did that other party bear a duty of care to you? A duty of care means that the other party had some reasonable duty to help prevent you from suffering injuries.
- Did you suffer injuries in the accident? To file a personal injury claim, you must establish that you suffered injuries or damages because of the other party’s negligent actions.
If you have questions about whether you may have the right to file an injury claim in Boston, contact Finkelstein & Partners as soon as possible for a free consultation that will help you assess your rights and your next steps.
When do I need a lawyer to handle a Boston personal injury claim?
Any time you suffer injuries due to the negligence of another party, working with an experienced personal injury attorney can help provide you with the legal support and advice you may need to navigate your claim successfully.
Our attorneys can offer several essential services, from collecting evidence to establish who caused your accident to estimating the compensation you should seek.
Ultimately, many of our clients find that working with us helps increase the compensation they can recover for their injuries substantially, even after they take care of their legal fees.
Can I still file an injury claim in Boston if I did not seek medical attention right after the accident?
After an accident, you may not immediately realize the severity of your injuries. Adrenaline may kick in, preventing you from feeling the pain of your injuries. You may try to walk it off to avoid a trip to the hospital and the associated medical expenses.
Always seek medical attention after any serious accident, even if you do not think you sustained any serious injuries. However, if you chose not to pursue immediate medical attention at the time of the accident, you may still have the right to seek compensation. Talk to our attorneys as soon as you discover your injuries to learn more about whether you may still move forward with a claim.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Boston? Call Us Now!
When you suffer injuries in an accident, you need compassionate, experienced legal support to help guide you through the claim process. At Finkelstein & Partners, you will find a team of attorneys with more than 60 years of experience dealing with personal injury claims. Contact Finkelstein & Partners today at (617) 580-3144 for your free consultation and learn more about what to do next.