New York Burn Injury Lawyers
Finkelstein & Partners
1279 Route 300
Newburgh, NY, 12551
Review Us On Google
Finkelstein & Partners, LLP – Winning Serious Injury Lawsuits Since 1959
Approximately 450,000 patients seek emergency room treatment each year for burn injuries, and roughly 3,400 burn injury fatalities occur each year.*
According to the American Burn association:
- 44 percent of all admissions to burn centers result from fire or flame burns.
- 33 percent of all burn center admissions result from scalding injuries caused by wet or moist heat.
- Direct contact with a hot source accounts for nine percent of burn center admissions.
- Electrical burns account for four percent of burn center admissions.
- Chemical burns account for three percent of all burn center admissions.
- The remaining seven percent of burn center admissions are caused by other, miscellaneous sources.
- 2,550 of these deaths are a result of residential fires.
- 300 of these deaths result from vehicle crash fires.
- The remaining 550 result from other causes, such as flames, smoke inhalation, scalding, and electricity.
Burn recovery is often an intensive, painful process. Treatment is generally costly, as many burn injury victims are forced to undergo physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychiatric therapy and surgery.
Proper treatment is crucial as burn injury complications can be life threatening. Complications include, but are not limited to, infection, mobility issues, PTSD, and respiratory problems.
In many instances burn injuries were caused by some form of negligence, examples including landlord negligence, employer negligence, car crashes, defective products, and premises liability.
If you or a loved one suffered a burn injury due to the negligence of another individual or corporation, then schedule a free evaluation or call 1-877-709-6658 and speak with our New York personal injury lawyers today to discuss your legal recovery options.