Boston Car Accident Attorneys
Finkelstein & Partners LLP – Boston Office
15 Court Square #800a,
Boston, MA 02108
Review Us On Google
Finkelstein & Partners, LLP – Winning Serious Injury Lawsuits Since 1959
The heavy traffic and tight streets of Boston can make the city incredibly difficult to navigate, especially during rush hour. Unfortunately, even minor errors committed by drivers on the road can result in car accidents and catastrophic injuries for the passengers of other vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists who use those roads regularly.
Did you have a motor vehicle accident on Columbia Road or the Southeast Expressway? Did you suffer injuries due to a devastating collision along I-93? You may need legal assistance as you pursue compensation for those injuries. Contact a Boston car accident lawyer Finkelstein & Partners to learn more about your right to compensation after a car accident in Boston.
Boston Car Accident Guide
- Did You Suffer Injuries in a Boston Car Accident? Finkelstein & Partners Can Help.
- Boston Car Accident Claims: Damages to Include in Your Claim
- Boston Car Accident Injuries: What You Need to Know
- What to Do After a Boston Car Accident
- Boston Car Accident FAQs
- Contact Finkelstein & Partners Boston Car Accident Lawyers Today
Did You Suffer Injuries in a Boston Car Accident? Finkelstein & Partners Can Help.
After a car accident involving injuries, the road to compensation can be more complex than anticipated. At Finkelstein & Partners, we aim to make it easier for our clients to recover the total compensation they may deserve for those devastating injuries.
Look at some of our past car accident claims and the results we helped our clients obtain.
- $13.5 million after a rear-end collision
- $13.5 million after a car accident that caused multiple injuries to a 16-year-old student
- $9.25 million after a car accident involving a distracted driver
- $6.8 million after a truck crash caused a four-car pileup
- $5.7 million after a truck caused a multi-car crash
The results you may ultimately recover for your injuries may depend on multiple factors, which may not reflect the results we can help you obtain. However, at Finkelstein & Partners, we firmly commit to helping all our clients maximize the results they can recover from serious injuries in an accident.
We Keep You Informed About Every Development in Your Claim
At Finkelstein & Partners, we know that understanding your claim details and keeping up with the latest information can make it easier for you to make critical decisions about your finances and needs going forward. We aim to keep you informed about every aspect of your claim, including providing access to an online portal so that you can keep track of all the same information we do as we handle your claim.
We Offer the Support You Would Expect from a Small Firm
Many people shy away from big-name legal firms because they worry they will not receive the personalized support they need to navigate the claim process. At Finkelstein & Partners, we provide the small-firm support you expect, including easy access to our legal team and supportive, compassionate legal advice that can help you navigate your accident’s complexities.
Start With a Free Consultation
Getting legal help should not prove impossible because of your finances. At Finkelstein & Partners, we start with a free consultation to help you get a better idea of what your claim might look like. We then accept our cases on a contingent fee basis: you do not pay until we recover compensation for your sustained damages.
If you suffered injuries in a Boston car accident, do not try to handle your claim alone. Instead, contact Finkelstein & Partners today to receive comprehensive legal support that can make it easier to navigate those challenges.
Boston Car Accident Claims: Damages to Include in Your Claim
Many of our car accident clients have one top question: how much compensation can they expect to recover as part of an auto accident claim? At Finkelstein & Partners, we cannot guarantee the results of any claim, including a car accident claim.
Multiple factors can influence the compensation you may recover for your injuries.
- How much compensation does the insurance company of the at-fault driver offer? Does the driver have auto insurance coverage? (Around 3.5 percent of Massachusetts drivers may not insure their vehicles.)
- What injuries and damages did you sustain directly from the accident? Generally, the greater your injuries, the more compensation you may have the right to recover for those injuries.
- Do you have a lawyer on your side? Working with a lawyer may make managing your car accident claim easier and maximize the compensation you can recover from your injuries.
Most of the time, car accident claims include:
In Massachusetts, drivers must carry personal injury protection insurance, also known as PIP insurance, on their vehicles in addition to traditional liability protection. PIP insurance will provide the initial coverage for any medical bills associated with a car accident in Boston, regardless of which driver caused the accident. However, PIP insurance often does not offer adequate coverage for individuals who may have sustained severe injuries in an accident.
Once you have exceeded the protection offered by your PIP insurance, you can file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company for any additional damages associated with the accident. Your claim may include any immediate and ongoing medical costs associated with severe injuries, including those that may have lifelong implications.
Did you miss time at work because of the injuries you suffered in a Boston car accident? Often, that lost time at work can lead to significant income losses that, for many individuals, can prove catastrophic. If you have missing wages because of a Boston car accident, you can include that lost income as part of your injury claim.
Pain and Suffering
Your car accident injuries can cause much more than just financial damages. Often, people who have sustained severe injuries in a car accident will find themselves dealing with substantial suffering, from the physical pain that may accompany the injury to the loss of independence that may result from severe injuries. At Finkelstein & Partners, we aim to help you include those losses and damages as part of your claim.
Boston Car Accident Injuries: What You Need to Know
In Boston, you must file a car accident claim before the Massachusetts statute of limitations runs out. You have three years after the date of an accident to file a claim. However, exceptions to the statute of limitations may decrease your deadline to file a claim.
At Finkelstein & Partners, we can help you learn more about how to file a claim if too much time has passed since your accident.
Common Car Accident Causes in Boston
Car accidents can occur in a variety of ways.
- Dangerous weather. Boston sees about 48 inches of snow annually, making it more difficult for many drivers to navigate safely.
- Hazardous intersections. Downtown Boston has several dangerous intersections that could impact driver safety and increase the risk of a devastating collision.
- Tourist traffic. Boston sees many tourists each year who do not know the local area.
- Tight streets. The tight streets of Boston can make it much more difficult for drivers to navigate safely, increasing the overall risk of an accident.
Frequent Car Accident Injuries in Boston
Dealing with injuries of any type may feel catastrophic.
Common Boston car accident injuries may include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Road rash
Talk to an attorney about your rights after you suffer any injury in a Boston car accident.
Wrongful Death in a Car Accident
In the unfortunate event that a loved one loses their life in a fatal car crash, you may rightfully be concerned about how best to pursue justice for that person and ensure that family members are able to cope with the associated expenses and financial strain. Under Massachusetts law, an executor of the deceased person’s estate may be able to file a wrongful death claim on their behalf. Speak to your lawyer about what your legal options are for pursuing a wrongful death personal injury lawsuit.
What to Do After a Boston Car Accident
You suffered injuries in a Boston car accident. Now what? Your own insurance company may try to make it difficult for you to get the total compensation you deserve for your injuries. You may find yourself fighting to get the insurance company to acknowledge reasonable compensation for your injuries or to accept its driver’s liability for your accident.
To make it easier to manage your Boston car accident case and increase the odds that you will recover reasonable compensation for your medical expenses, make sure you:
- Get a copy of your claim and review it for accuracy. Ensure it contains relevant details about the date and time of the accident.
- Contact Finkelstein & Partners to discuss your accident claim and your right to compensation.
- Keep a journal that details your road to recovery and any setbacks or complications you may face.
- Document all medical costs, including co-pays and deductibles you may already have paid.
- Keep up with your medical care provider’s instructions so that you do not inadvertently worsen your injuries or slow your recovery.
At Finkelstein & Partners, we have extensive experience dealing with insurance providers across the Boston area. We can provide comprehensive advice to help you navigate your insurance claim.
How a Boston Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Finkelstein & Partners has a proven track record of helping car accident victims pursue personal injury cases and receive maximum compensation for their injuries. We’ve seen enough car accident cases to know that each one is unique and something that a car accident victim is in no place to handle while recovering from injuries.
Our comprehensive knowledge of personal injury law allows us to pursue these motor vehicle accidents with confidence and skill in order to negotiate for your full and fair settlement.
Boston Car Accident FAQs
Who bears liability for a Boston car accident?
Determining the liable driver after a Massachusetts car accident can prove complicated enough, especially in cases where neither driver wants to admit liability. Further complicating that, you may discover that multiple entities bear liability for many car accidents.
For example, in an accident involving a driver currently on the clock, the driver’s employer may share liability for the incident. In cases where a mechanical failure or malfunction contributed to the accident, you may have the right to pursue compensation from the manufacturer of the vehicle or the failed component, or a mechanic that recently worked on the vehicle.
If you have questions about who likely bears liability for your Boston car accident, consult Finkelstein & Partners to learn more.
Do I need to hire an attorney to handle a Boston car accident claim?
If you have filed only claims involving property damage in the past, you may assume that any car accident claim will progress equally smoothly. Unfortunately, injury claims after a car accident may prove much more complicated. Many car insurance companies will try to minimize the compensation they have to pay as much as possible. As a result, you may struggle to get the total compensation you deserve if you try to handle your claim independently.
On the other hand, working with an experienced Boston car accident attorney can provide several key benefits.
A lawyer can:
- Lay out the compensation you should pursue for your Boston car accident.
- Seek vital evidence about your Boston car accident case, which may make it easier for you to establish liability.
- Fight for you, helping you avoid many challenges the insurance company may throw in your way.
Whenever you have questions about your claim or your right to compensation, our Boston car accident lawyers can provide you with critical insights.
Can I afford a Boston car accident attorney?
If you’ve been in an auto accident, you may be anxious about how you’ll pay for your medical expenses, let alone the cost of legal services. Our experienced car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we don’t get paid unless your case results in a settlement. Your attorney’s fees will be deducted from this amount.
A free, no-obligation consultation can help provide you with the answers to any questions about how the legal process works and what you can expect from an attorney-client relationship with an experienced car accident lawyer.
How much can I win from a motor vehicle accident claim?
Car accidents vary widely in terms of damages, physical injuries, and extenuating circumstances that may affect the outcome of your case. While we cannot guarantee a specific settlement amount, you can rest assured that our Boston car accident lawyers have vast experience handling all kinds of auto accidents and know exactly how to approach each and every case to obtain the best results.
An experienced car accident attorney will calculate the combined damages of your personal injury case, including medical bills, lost wages, long-term effects of bodily injury, and pain and suffering, and ensure that these losses are all thoroughly accounted for in your settlement negotiations.
How can I prove who caused my car accident?
After a car accident, you may need help establishing which driver caused the accident.
A lawyer can help make that process much easier by collecting essential evidence.
- Witness statements. Witnesses may offer a clearer view of what led to your accident, making it easier to establish liability.
- Video footage. Traffic cameras, local surveillance cameras, and dash cams all may have captured the accident, providing better insight into what took place.
- Expert witness testimony. An expert witness can help recreate what led to the accident, providing you with evidence of how it took place and who bears liability.
Any time the insurance company tries to dispute liability for the accident, working with a personal injury lawyer may offer your best chance of ensuring that your claim progresses smoothly.
Contact us today to learn about your legal options and get started.
Contact Finkelstein & Partners Boston Car Accident Lawyers Today
After a car accident in Boston, you may have substantial injuries and a long road to compensation ahead of you. At Finkelstein & Partners, we aim to help our clients maximize the compensation they can recover for devastating car accident injuries. Contact Finkelstein & Partners today at (617) 580-3144 to discuss your Boston car accident and your right to compensation.