New York Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyers
A traffic accident involving a large commercial truck, such as an 18-wheeler or semi truck can have disastrous consequences. A typical fully-loaded large commercial truck can weigh over 80,000 pounds, while an average passenger automobile weighs approximately 3,000 pounds. Because of the sheer size of trucks, any collision between a commercial truck and another vehicle is likely to result in serious, even fatal injuries.
Get The Facts:
- A total of 3,852 people died in large truck crashes in the US in 2015.
- 11 percent of all motor vehicle crash deaths in 2015 in the US involved large trucks.
- 53 percent of deaths in large truck crashes occurred on major roads other than interstates and freeways, 30 percent occurred on interstates and freeways, and 14 percent occurred on minor roads.
- 42 percent of deaths from crashes involving large trucks occurred between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m., compared to 30 percent of crash deaths not involving large trucks in the US.
- From 2014-2015, the number of large trucks involved in fatal crashes increased by 8 percent i.e. from 3,749 to 4,050 in the US.
How Can You As a Passenger Car Avoid Accidents With Trucks?
Although you can’t 100% prevent a truck accident some precautions you can take include:
- Avoid distracted driving
- Avoid truck blind spots
- Avoid driving under the influence
- Try to limit exposure around trucks on the road
- recognize dangerous driving by a truck driver (swerving, not secured cargo)
Do You Need New York Truck Accident Lawyer?
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident with a commercial truck, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries by filing a legal claim against the responsible parties.
In these serious cases, only the most experienced lawyers can take on the trucking industry and its insurance carriers with confidence.
If you were hurt or you lost a loved one in a trucking accident in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, or Pennsylvania, submit the case evaluation form on the right for a free consultation by our Truck Accident Trial Group.
Our Attorneys are members of:
The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America is a national association of committed lawyers who have joined together to help eliminate unsafe and illegal interstate trucking practices. Through our combined efforts in learning, litigation and legislation, we are working today to make America’s highways a safer place tomorrow for our families, our clients, and all Americans. Each member of this association has pledged to work aggressively within the law through learning, legislation and litigation to achieve our mission of dramatically reducing the number of traffic accidents, injuries and deaths across America that are caused by those trucking companies who are unsafe. Learn more about APITLAmerica
- Avoid a tractor trailer’s blind spots.
- Avoid passing a truck on the right when the truck is turning right.
- Observe a truck’s turn signals.
- Use appropriate passing procedures and do not cut trucks off.
- Report dangerous driving to proper authorities.
Finkelstein & Partners
1279 Route 300
Newburgh, NY, 12551