104A Metro Park #8
Rochester, NY 14623
Review Us On Google
Finkelstein & Partners, LLP – Winning Serious Injury Lawsuits Since 1959
When a third party injures you or someone you love, you have questions that require answers. You need to know how you will pay the medical bills and how to make up for lost income, and you need to do this while maintaining your family’s financial status. The last thing you need is your credit to be ruined because of an injury that was not your fault.
When you suffer an injury in Rochester, Finkelstein & Partners, LLP can help you recover financially. We can help ensure that the person or party responsible for the financial hardship your family is facing is held legally and financially accountable for their negligence. For nearly six decades, we have focused on helping those who have suffered an injury through no fault of their own.
Why Count on Finkelstein & Partners, LLP
Since 1959, our practice has focused on personal injury cases. We know families need competent legal assistance when someone has suffered an injury. We treat you like part of our family. You will have access to a team who will be dedicated to helping you get the compensation you deserve. We pride ourselves on being large enough to take on a big insurer without losing sight of the fact we work for you.
Our results speak for themselves. Some of the significant victories we have had for our clients include:
- $28.3 Million Settlement for a Workplace Accident
- $16.5 Million Settlement for Product Liability
- $13.5 Million Settlement for Motor Vehicle Accident Victim
- $7.5 Million Verdict After a Young Man Dies in Preventable Drowning Incident
We know that our past successes do not always mean we will have the same level of success in the future. However, this shows that we are committed to seeing each case through to a successful outcome for the victim.
Understanding the Value of a Personal Injury Claim
Every victim of a personal injury case has their own story. Your age when you suffer an injury can often make a difference in how quickly you physically recover. It can also make a difference in the type of injury you suffer. The older we are, the more fragile we become—that is just a fact.
Some cases we accept include:
- Roadway accidents: Victims can suffer broken bones, whiplash, or concussions. In extreme cases, victims may lose a limb either because they suffered a crushing injury or because of an infection caused by the wounds they sustained in the accident. In severe accidents, victims may suffer a traumatic brain injury that leaves them permanently disabled.
- Nursing home abuse: If a nursing home mistreats or abuses your loved one or your family worries about their physical and emotional well-being, we can hold the nursing home to account. The abuse can hurt your loved one and your entire family.
- Product liability: When you or a loved one is injured because of a defective product, we can help hold the manufacturing company accountable. Whether you suffered an illness because a drug company failed to fully disclose side effects, or your toaster caught fire and caused someone to be seriously burned, we can help ensure the company is taken to task.
As you can see, there are several different scenarios in which someone is liable for injuries and illness caused by negligence. No attorney can tell you the amount of a possible settlement without knowing the specific circumstances of your injury or illness and how it was caused.
In general, a victim may claim some compensation for:
- Lost wages for the time you are recovering
- Medical bills related to the injury or illness suffered because of negligence
- Home modifications needed to ensure the victim is safe
- Pain and suffering (in some cases)
- Other compensation your attorney may deem appropriate
At Finkelstein & Partners, LLP, we will carefully review your case. We will determine who is accountable using our in-house investigation team, and we will be able to go after the responsible party and work on getting you the best possible settlement.
Understanding Rochester, NY Injuries and Accidents
Currently, the largest universities in Rochester, NY, arethe University of Rochester,Sharp Edgez Barber Institute, andOnondaga School of Therapeutic Massage-Rochester. The density of schools makes traveling on the roads hazardous. Roadway accidents account for 404 hospitalizations annually across Monroe County. With a population of just over 200,000, this is a staggering number.
We also have a high crime rate, meaning victims of violent crimes who can identify their attacker may also have legal recourse. Additionally, many people seek assistance at hospitals because of a fall. In many cases, this could be a fall related to a poorly maintained property leading to the fall. On average, 31 percent of all hospital visits across Monroe County are due to falls.
When you or someone you love has a personal injury claim, you have only three years to file such a claim per CPLR 214(5). Car accident cases are complicated because New York has a no-fault insurance provision. You need to speak with a lawyer with experience handling Rochester auto accident claims.
Serious injury claims in New York include victims who suffer:
- Disfigurement that is considered significant
- Fractured bones
- Limitations that are permanent and impact the use of an organ
- Limitations that significantly impact a bodily function
- Disability that is expected to last 90 days or more
Never hesitate to contact Finkelstein & Partners, LLP, after you or a loved one has suffered an injury. We offer a free consultation and case evaluation, and we would be happy to review your case and advise you of your legal rights and options.
Types of Claims and Injuries We Handle
While we focus our practice on personal injury claims generally, there are some types of claims we place a greater emphasis on, including:
- Car, truck, pedestrian, and other roadway accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Accidents involving premises liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer
- Construction site accidents
Every accident can cause a severe injury. Let’s face it, none of us ever expects to get hurt doing things we do every day. We drive back and forth to work, expecting we will be safe in the workplace. We go to the shopping center, never expecting to land on the floor because someone had failed to warn us that the floor was damaged or wet.
Some of the injuries a victim may suffer in any accident include:
- Broken bones: while broken bones can heal quickly, a compound fracture can take months to be repaired and may often require surgical intervention. This could expand the time lost from work and cause additional pain and suffering.
- Head and back injuries: Whether someone is involved in a severe car accident, a slip and fall accident in a department store, or falls in a skilled nursing center because of poor floor conditions, head and back injuries can cause life-long pain and suffering.
- Internal injuries: A wide range of internal injuries, including damage to organs, can be caused by injuries in the workplace, car accidents, or accidents involving large trucks. These injuries can have serious life-long repercussions.
Regardless of your injury, you should not compound your suffering by dealing with financial losses. At Finkelstein & Partners, LLP, we are committed to helping you regain what you have lost financially because of another party’s negligent conduct or lack of action, which resulted in your injury.
Fighting the Big Guys: Insurance Companies and Claims
You would think it would go smoothly. You know how you were injured and who is responsible. All you have to do is file a claim, right? Wrong. Insurance companies do not like to pay claims. They certainly will do everything legally possible to get out of paying large claims, regardless of the injuries and losses which their client caused.
Insurers are in business to make money. Their money is made by collecting premiums. When you file a claim, and they must pay it, their bottom line takes a hit. Therefore, it stands to reason that the insurer will go out of their way to minimize your injury and get out of paying whenever they can.
At Finkelstein & Partners, LLP, we have gone up against some of the biggest insurers to ensure they understand the depth of our clients’ losses and the difficulties it has brought to their families. We will fight aggressively to help ensure your financial losses are covered to the full extent available. If insurers are unwilling to negotiate in good faith, we will be fully prepared to take your case to court.
After an Accident, Actions to Regain Control
It is easy to lose sight of the end goal when trying to recover from an injury. Your finances, the lack of ability to fully engage with your family and friends, and being out of work is stressful. However, there are some things you can do that not only can give you something to ease the stress but also help you legally.
Immediately following getting medical treatment, you can take some of the following steps:
- Keep a journal: While this may not seem sensible, it documents the changes in your life while you recover.
- Gather information: You can help your claim by gathering in one place your recollection of the accident, any photos you may have, the name and contact information of any witnesses, and any reports you may have filed, including police reports.
- Organize bills: Keep track of all medical bills, prescription drug costs, and other injury-related expenses. Remember that you may also be able to claim expenses related to refitting your home if you need modifications to remain safe.
- Keep track of wage losses: Gather your last few months’ pay records so you can determine what you are losing while you are out of work.
All these items will help bolster your legal claim against the party responsible for your financial losses. When you meet with your attorney following your injury or illness, this information will be invaluable for them and should be taken to your initial consultation.
You should also ensure you attend all follow-up visits with your medical team. If your doctor recommends specialized testing, visits with specialists, or physical therapy, follow them. Never sacrifice your care because of money—we can speak with your doctors about managing your bills while you are out of work and waiting for insurance payments.
Contact Finkelstein & Partners, LLP
Money is always a concern when you are out of work. Do not allow your financial picture to stop you from seeking legal advice. We offer a free consultation. Additionally, you will pay nothing upfront if we agree to take your case. Finally, we accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis: We collect no legal fees unless and until we have secured a settlement on your behalf. Call us immediately and let us help.
If you have suffered any injury in Rochester, the personal injury lawyers at Finkelstein & Partner, LLP are here to help you. We know this is a stressful time and that you have plenty of questions that need answers. We will carefully evaluate your case and ensure that you understand your options and rights under the law. You can reach us by phone at (518) 452-2813 or by filling out our online contact form.