Approximately 4.55 million Veterans receive disability benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. More than 9 million receive health care benefits, and more than 6 million receive life insurance benefits. Just under 3 million have received home loans through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, close to 1 million have received education benefits, and just under 300,000 have received pensions through the government program.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- A one-time payment to disabled Veterans towards the purchase of an automobile or other transportation
- Caregiver programs and services
- Dental Care
- Family Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance Coverage
- Headstones, markers, and medallions for placement in private cemeteries
- Health care benefits for dependents
- Home based primary care
- Homeless Veterans’ programs
- Mental health services, including mental health residential rehabilitation treatment programs
- Military sexual trauma
- Parents’ dependency and indemnity compensation
- Pharmacy services
- Services and Aid for blind Veterans
- Survivors pension
- Veterans alcohol and drug dependence rehabilitation program
For a complete list of benefits and requirements click here.
The Veterans Services Group (VSG) at Finkelstein & Partners is a team of experienced and compassionate Veterans’ advocates and VA accredited attorneys who specialize in obtaining disability compensation benefits for Veterans and their families. If you or a loved one is a Veteran, and would like to speak to our experienced team, please contact us for a free evaluation.