Veterans Disability Attorney
90 Merrick Ave, Suite 601
East Meadow, NY 11554
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. 2012;
- Dickinson College, B.A. 2009
- New York, 2013
- New Jersey, 2014
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Accredited, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (C.A.V.C.), 2014
- Suffolk County Bar Association – Member Military and Veterans Committee
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates (NOVA)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2018 through 2022
- Firefighter, East Northport Fire Department
In The News
Vincent J. Pastore joined Finkelstein & Partners in August of 2013 and currently practices within the firm’s Veterans Services Group (VSG).
After graduating law school in 2012, Vincent became licensed to practice law in the State of New York and New Jersey. He is an accredited attorney by the Department of Veteran Affairs and admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (C.A.V.C.) in Washington, D.C.
Since 2013 Vincent has represented Veteran’s across the country in disability benefits appeals cases at the VA Regional Office level, the Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA), and the CAVC, as part of Finkelstein & Partners VSG. Some case types he has successfully advocated include appeals for service connection of combat-related wounds and injuries, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Military Sexual Trauma (MST), toxin/dioxin exposure (such as Agent Orange/Herbicides in Vietnam), Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses, and claims for increase ratings of various service connected conditions. Vincent has also successfully advocated claims for entitlement to total disability based on individual unemployability (TDIU) where service connected conditions have impacted a Veteran’s ability to work, and assisted eligible surviving spouses and dependents in appeals for accrued benefits and Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) benefits.
Some notable retroactive awards in the past few years, as a result of his advocacy, include:
- $326,000+ in retroactive benefits over the course of appeal, for grants of service connection for PTSD, degenerative disc disease, thoracic strain, and individual unemployability.
- $317,000+ in retroactive benefits over course of appeal, for grants of service connection for heart disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, hematoma, upper and lower extremity neuropathy, and special monthly compensation
- $172,000+ over course of appeal for favorable decisions on bruxism, obstructive sleep apnea, and headaches
- $160,000+ over course of appeal for grants of increased ratings for PTSD, migraines, hemorrhoids, knees, back, and individual unemployability
- $147,000+ in retroactive benefits over the course of appeal, through obtaining an earlier effective date for thyroid cancer
As a result of his devoted advocacy of Veterans, Vincent has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for the 2018 through 2022 calendar years. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5% of attorneys in each state annually.
Before joining Finkelstein & Partners, Vincent earned his Bachelor of Arts in 2009 from Dickinson College in Carlisle Pennsylvania and later attended Widener University School of Law in Wilmington Delaware. During his time at Widener Vincent participated in the school’s Veterans Law Clinic. Both of
Vincent’s grandfathers served during World War II and the Korean War, influencing his decision to participate in the clinic at Widener. Through the clinic he assisted staff and volunteer attorneys in reviewing Veterans appeals cases and advising clients on a course of action. Upon graduating from Widener he received the school’s Pro Bono distinction for completing over 60 hours of pro bono service, many of which were performed within the Veterans clinic.
Outside of legal work, Vincent volunteers in his hometown and is a member of the East Northport Fire Department. He is a Certified New York State Interior Firefighter and Certified New York State Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). Currently, he holds the position of Captain of Hook and Ladder Company 1.
Vincent has enjoyed focusing on Veterans disability benefits for the past 9 plus years and looks forward to continuing to advocate for our country’s Veterans and the rightful benefits owed to them for their service.