After open-heart surgery at Albany Medical Center, it was discovered our client was exposed to a bacterial infection due to a defective machine used during the bypass surgeries. We sued the machine manufacturer for their failure to make the machine in a sterile environment. Bacteria can sit latent and undetected for several years. Our 67-year-old Vietnam Veteran client suffered from a bacterial infection due to the machines use during his open-heart surgery. Managing Attorney Mary Ellen Wright, Trial Partner Kenneth Fromson and Andrew Finkelstein actively litigated the case and held the manufacturer accountable. The case was settled for $1,995,000.