A slip and fall accident can cause serious injuries. If it happens because of the negligence of another party, usually the property owner, it is important that you seek help to receive compensation for your medical bills and other damages. It must be proven that the owner of the property was negligent in maintaining the safety of his or her property, hence causing the accident.
If you want to hold another party responsible for your injuries in a slip and fall accident, you must prove one of the following:
- The concerned party did not recognize the dangerous condition, and failed to remove or repair the potential danger in spite of having ample time and opportunity to do so.
- The property owner caused the slip and fall accident by leaving a dangerous object unattended in a walking path or by leaving a wet surface without a warning sign.
In order to hold someone negligent and responsible for damages in a slip and fall case, you also need to prove that the concerned party failed to act as a reasonable person, who should have taken action to avoid the accident. To assess this fact, here are some questions that need to be answered:
- Was the property properly maintained by having a policy to routinely check for potential hazards? If so, is there a record of whether the procedure was followed immediately before the accident?
- Was there reasonable justification for the creation of the potential hazard? If so, did this justification still exist at the time of the slip and fall?
- Could the accident have been prevented had the object that caused the accident been placed in a safer area, or with a proper warning sign indicating its dangers?
- Did poor lighting cause the slip and fall?
You can establish that a slip and fall accident is a personal injury case only if someone is responsible for your injuries. There cannot be a case unless you hold a person or a company accountable. An experienced slip and fall attorney can help you prove that the owner of the premises was negligent and responsible for the full extent of your injuries and damages.
Finkelstein & Partners, LLP
Finkelstein & Partners, LLP, provides unsurpassed legal representation and client service for all slip and fall accident clients. When we handle your case, you can be sure that your case is in good hands. We have won tens of thousands of personal injury cases. If you have been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident, we can help you win the case by proving negligence and liability. Call 1-800-529-2676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Finkelstein is the Managing Partner of Finkelstein & Partners, LLP. He has become a noted consumer activist through his representation of injured individuals against corporate wrongdoers and irresponsible parties.
An accomplished litigator, Mr. Finkelstein has represented Plaintiffs in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases. He has successfully handled dozens of multi-million dollar cases.