While thunderstorms can occur year round, they are most prevalent in spring and summer months. All storms are potentially dangerous. Keep these tips in mind to prepare this summer:
- Remove dead or rotting branches that are a fall risk
- If there is a storm warning, make sure outdoor objects are secure
- As a storm approaches, keep in mind the 30/30 rule: if thunder is within 30 seconds of lightening, its a good idea to get inside.
- During a storm, avoid contact with electrical equipment and water
- If you are on the road, stay in your vehicle but try to pull over and park in a secure area
- After a storm be mindful of flooded roadways
- Avoid and report downed power lines immediately
Mr. Finkelstein is the Managing Partner of Finkelstein & Partners, LLP. He has become a noted consumer activist through his representation of injured individuals against corporate wrongdoers and irresponsible parties.
An accomplished litigator, Mr. Finkelstein has represented Plaintiffs in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases. He has successfully handled dozens of multi-million dollar cases.