After a long, cold winter it’s time to have some fun in the sun. This year, keep your little ones safe by remembering these swimming pool safety tips:
- Make sure there is a barrier that is at least 4ft tall surrounding the pool with a self closing/self latching gate.
- Kids should never swim alone; even strong swimmers should have adult supervision
- Enroll your kids in swim lessons; it’s important for all swimmers to learn the basics.
- Test the chemicals in your pool regularly.
- Create, discuss, and enforce pool rules.
- Make sure the entire family knows what to do in the event of an emergency. Point out where water safety and first aid supplies are stored.
Mr. Finkelstein is the Managing Partner of Finkelstein & Partners, LLP. He has become a noted consumer activist through his representation of injured individuals against corporate wrongdoers and irresponsible parties.
An accomplished litigator, Mr. Finkelstein has represented Plaintiffs in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases. He has successfully handled dozens of multi-million dollar cases.