Approximately 4.55 million Veterans receive disability benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. More than 9 million receive health care benefits, and more than 6 million receive life insurance benefits. Just under 3 million have received home loans through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, close to 1 million have received education benefits, and just under 300,000 have received pensions through the government program.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- A one-time payment to disabled Veterans towards the purchase of an automobile or other transportation
- Caregiver programs and services
- Dental Care
- Family Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance Coverage
- Headstones, markers, and medallions for placement in private cemeteries
- Health care benefits for dependents
- Home based primary care
- Homeless Veterans’ programs
- Mental health services, including mental health residential rehabilitation treatment programs
- Military sexual trauma
- Parents’ dependency and indemnity compensation
- Pharmacy services
- Services and Aid for blind Veterans
- Survivors pension
- Veterans alcohol and drug dependence rehabilitation program
For a complete list of benefits and requirements click here.
The Veterans Services Group (VSG) at Finkelstein & Partners is a team of experienced and compassionate Veterans’ advocates and VA accredited attorneys who specialize in obtaining disability compensation benefits for Veterans and their families. If you or a loved one is a Veteran, and would like to speak to our experienced team, please contact us for a free evaluation.
Mr. Finkelstein is the Managing Partner of Finkelstein & Partners, LLP. He has become a noted consumer activist through his representation of injured individuals against corporate wrongdoers and irresponsible parties.
An accomplished litigator, Mr. Finkelstein has represented Plaintiffs in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases. He has successfully handled dozens of multi-million dollar cases.