June is National Safety Month so check out these simple safety tips for the average worker!:
1. Understand the risks involved with the work you are performing. Once you know the hazards involved, you can take the necessary steps to reducing your risk of work-related injury or illness.
2. Reduce workplace stress. Common causes include long hours, heavy workload, and job insecurity. Learn to manage your stress to avoid conflicts with coworkers or bosses.
3. Take regular breaks. It’s important to rest, even if your work isn’t physically draining. Stay fresh and alert to avoid injuries or burnouts.
4. Avoid stooping or twisting. Use ergonomically designed furniture and equipment, and rearrange your work area so that everything you need is within easy reach.
5. Protect your back. If you lift heavy things on the job, make sure you know how to properly lift a heavy object. Never lift with your back – always lift with your knees. Check out more safety tips from our blog on how to prevent back injuries on the job.
Source: APR Consulting, Inc.
Mr. Finkelstein is the Managing Partner of Finkelstein & Partners, LLP. He has become a noted consumer activist through his representation of injured individuals against corporate wrongdoers and irresponsible parties.
An accomplished litigator, Mr. Finkelstein has represented Plaintiffs in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases. He has successfully handled dozens of multi-million dollar cases.