Concussion Results in $500,000 Settlement

85% of people who suffer a concussion make a full and complete recovery.  The other 15% are often called the miserable minority.  Unfortunately our client makes up part of the 15% who never fully recover from a concussion after being in a car crash with a distracted driver.   After a brief loss of consciousness after the distracted driver hit our client in the rear on Route 9 in Putnam County, he began having memory problems.  Gradually, our client started to demonstrate mood and behavioral changes too.  His marriage started suffering.  His co-workers were helping him more than ever at his job.  Everyone saw a major change in his personality and the injury was confirmed by our expert neuropsychologist.  The insurance company defense was that our client was a liar, cheat and a fraud.  However, the insurance company must not have truly believed in their defense because right before jury selection they offered $500,000 to settle.  The case was handled by Managing Attorney David Gross, Trial Partner Ron Rosenkranz and Managing Partner Andrew Finkelstein.

Dear Friends and Clients,

In furtherance of our firm’s culture of commitment to always act with compassion, concern and commitment to our clients, community and colleagues, we have been taking precautions to ensure that we are still fulfilling our ethical and moral obligations while prioritizing health, wellness and safety of all we can.

As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic has introduced changes to many lives and businesses in our communities, and around the world. We, much like our neighbors and friends, have been taking precautions to ensure that we are still fulfilling our ethical and moral obligation to our clients, while also prioritizing the health, wellness and safety of our employees.

Until further notice, our offices will be closed to the public to encourage social distancing and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our team is still hard at work, many from home, and you may still call, email, live chat or video conference us if you or a loved one is seeking legal assistance. As the first law firm to offer our clients secure online access to their case file more than a decade ago, we have always been believers in using technology to make life easier and information more accessible. In these present times it has been a smooth transition for us to continue to offer our clients the same seamless and thorough service that you deserve and are accustomed to.

This pandemic is unlike anything any of us have faced in our lifetimes, and while we can continue to emotionally support one another through it all, staying home and keeping your distance is vital to the health and wellness of our communities. It does not feel good to break routines, cancel events and retreat from our normal, day-to-day socializing, but let us remember that, in times of strife, prior generations were asked to go to war and we are simply being asked to stay home. Your isolation equals more lives saved, and more time for medical providers to prepare for the treatment of patients battling COVID-19.

When the dust settles, we will join together with a greater appreciation for our lives, local businesses, loved ones and health. Until then, we will continue to offer guidance from a safe distance.

Very truly yours,

Andrew G. Finkelstein and the staff of Finkelstein & Partners, LLP