Areas of Practice – Personal Injury
Education – Boston College, B.A. Syracuse University, J.D.
Admissions – New York, Massachusetts, United States District Court Northern District of New York United States Supreme Court
New York State Bar Association
Onondaga County Bar Association
Women’s Bar Association
Ms. Lightcap is involved in many community activities. She is the Chair for the Gifted and Talented Advisory Committee for the Fayetteville Manlius School District, serves on the Town of Pompey Wind Energy Advisory Committee, which is working on drafting a law for the town regarding regulations for small wind energy conversion systems. She is very involved in local politics and is currently the Chair for the Town of Pompey Democratic Committee. Ms. Lightcap is also on the Joint Fire District Advisory Committee, which is a group of residents, town and village officials that are preparing and reviewing RFP’s regarding potential joint fire districts.
Verdicts, Arbitrations, Mediations and Settlements
- $2,850,000 Settlement : Drunk Driving / Automobile Collision. Read more.
- $2,700,000 Settlement : Workplace Accident. Read more.
- $2,000,000 Settlement – School District held Accountable. Read more.
- $979,000 Settlement, Balance of $1,000,000 Insurance Policy – Motorcycle Crash. Read more.
- 650K-Settlement before Trial-was awarded to an Onondaga County male who sustained a deep brain injury with neurological complications as a result of a motor vehicle accident.
- 450K-Settlement during Trial-was negotiated on behalf of a 35 year old Broome County construction worker injured while on the job.
- 240K-Settlement before Trial-was negotiated in favor of a 39 year old Broome County male who sustained a serious back injury as a result of a rear end motor vehicle accident.
- 583K+ Verdict-Pedestrian knock down in parking lot in Broome County. Client had surgery for multi-ligament tears.
- 700K+ Clients vehicle struck by municipal dump truck. Client had fibromyalgia and shoulder surgery.
- 470K+ Intersection accident- defendants truck made left hand turn in front of clients vehicle. Client was out of work for 2 yrs with shoulder injury, returned to work with limitations. Case went up on appeal after trial and verdict was affirmed.