Areas of Practice – Personal Injury
Education – Vassar College, B.A. Pace University, J.D.
Admissions – New York
Women’s Bar Association of Orange County (NY)
Women’s Bar Association of Sullivan County (NY)
Elyssa Fried-De Rosa is the Managing Attorney Department Supervisor Partner at Finkelstein and Partners. She has worked at the Firm for over 25 years.
In 1981 Ms. Fried-De Rosa earned her Bachelors degree from Vassar college-having graduated cum laude.
In 1987 Ms. Fried-De Rosa earned her Juris Doctor degree-from Pace University School of Law having graduated with honors. She is the recipient of three American Jurisprudence awards in the fields of Property, Remedies and New York practice respectively.
Admitted to the New York State Bar in 1988 she practiced both plaintiff and defense work until joining Finkelstein and partners in 1992. In her position with previous law firms she has handled cases from inception to trial which included conducting legal research and writing, drafting motions and pleadings, undertaking court appearances and conducting depositions, arbitrations and mediations.
As a managing attorney with Finkelstein & partners Elyssa has handled thousands of plaintiff’s personal injury cases. She now practices strictly in house and attends primarily to the needs of her clients and the management of cases. She has been instrumental in securing multi million dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of her clients. She has assisted in teaching a CLE course in municipal law and currently assists with the Law Firms CLE program and is the past editor of the “Results” publication for the Law Firm. She is a member of the Women’s Bar Association.
Prior to law school Ms. Fried-De Rosa worked as a social worker and assisted families who were struggling to care appropriately for their children. She met her husband Nicholas while she was a social worker and he was a practicing attorney.
In her spare time Elyssa enjoys gardening, pottery, swimming, theatre, and she is passionate about animal rescue. Ms. Fried –De Rosa spearheads an annual fundraiser for the local SPCA (casual for claws). She is an active member of the Mid- Hudson Valley Corvette Association. and has been the campaign manager for several judicial campaigns at the local or county level. First and foremost she loves spending time with her Family and their two Great- Danes, Luca and Enzo.
Recent Case Results:
- Distracted Driver Crosses Over Causing Broken Back – $2,500,000 Settlement. Read more.
- Distracted Driver Hits Pedestrian In Intersection – $2,300,000 Settlement. Read more.
- Garbage Company Pays $1,500,000 To Motorcyclist For No Reflectors On Dumpster Near Construction Site. Read more.
- Warehouse Owner In Fishkill Violates Labor Law 240 – $1,150,000 Settlement. Read more.
- $1,200,000 Settlement Reached for the Estate of our Client, who was Killed on the Job. Read more.
- While Walking a Dog, Woman Hit By Distracted Driver – $850,000 Settlement. Read more.
- Police Told to Pay $765,000 for Hitting a Pedestrian. Read more.
- Broome County Motor Vehicle Accident. Read more.
- Reckless Driver Held Accountable for Head On Collision. Read more.