Get as much correct and complete information as you can at the scene of the accident. Gather the following important information:
- The other driver’s name, address, date of birth, telephone number, driver’s license number and expiration date, and insurance company.
- The other car’s make, year, model, license plate number and expiration date, and vehicle identification number.
- The names, addresses, dates of birth, driver’s license numbers and telephone numbers of any passengers in the other car.
- The names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses of the accident.
- The name and badge number of the police officer who comes to the accident scene. Request the report number for future reference.