After a long, cold winter it’s time to have some fun in the sun. This year, keep your little ones safe by remembering these swimming pool safety tips:
- Make sure there is a barrier that is at least 4ft tall surrounding the pool with a self closing/self latching gate.
- Kids should never swim alone; even strong swimmers should have adult supervision
- Enroll your kids in swim lessons; it’s important for all swimmers to learn the basics.
- Test the chemicals in your pool regularly.
- Create, discuss, and enforce pool rules.
- Make sure the entire family knows what to do in the event of an emergency. Point out where water safety and first aid supplies are stored.