An infographic featured on the National Safety Council website outlines the scary and surprising reality of workplace injury. You may be surprised by the following:
• Every 7 seconds a worker is hurt on the job.
• 12,900 workers are hurt on the job every day.
• The most common types of workplace injuries include: sprains, trains, tears, soreness/pain, and cuts/lacerations or punctures.
• The most common types of events that lead to lost work days include: overexertion, contact with objects and equipment, and slips trips and falls.
• The top occupations with the highest frequency of workplace injury resulting in lost work days include: service, transportation/shipping, manugacturing/production, installation, maintenance and repair, and construction.