On Friday, February 28th first responders were dispatched to a fire at a mobile home in East Aurora, New York (an Erie County Village south of Buffalo).
According to authorities a 28 year old mother of three was attempting to cook while extremely intoxicated. She fell asleep and soon thereafter a fire began on her gas stove.
The woman, along with her three children, were rescued by a neighbor prior to the arrival of emergency crews. All three children were transported to a Buffalo hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.
Authorities charged the mother of three with assault, reckless endangerment, and endangering the welfare of a child.
Unfortunately every day innocent people are injured by the negligence of others. If you or a loved one has been hurt contact an injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. Click here to fill out a case evaluation form.